Equipment Malfunction Fills LCHS Gym With Smoke

Students Temporarily Evacuated

On Monday, four Lewis County fire departments, LC Sheriff’s Department officers, Lewis County EMS and central office staff responded to a fire call at Lewis County High School.
According to Assistant Fire Chief Keith Talbert, an exhaust fan motor locked up and burned the belt.
The gym and locker rooms filled with smoke, but no flames were present, and no one was injured.
Superintendent Joseph Mace, Personnel Director Melissa Riley and high school Supervisor Chris Derico went to the school, and the school was evacuated for a period of time. Weston, Jane Lew, Pricetown, and Jackson’s Mill responded.

Video News
More In News